Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A New Adventure .... Part II

Today I was able to make final settlement and arrangements for my New Adventure ... I guess it isn't so much a New Adventure as it is a new work place. I will begin my new job on Monday, March 23, at Re/Max 5 Star in Redding. I will be doing pretty much the same thing I did at Premier in regards to Transaction Coordination but will take on some new tasks as Don Davis' assistant. Not sure what it all will entail but it will be a little bit different than the tasks I did for JC. Hopefully I will be able to step back a little as the dominate person in the office and not let my controlness get in the way. I think I will learn some new stuff from Don and I also think I will be able to bring some ideas to him as well. First item on the agenda after I get settled in is some organization (my gift as many of you know!!). I don't think organization is top priority in that office as boxes of files are just stuffed here and there. I feel very blessed to be able to land a job so quickly. JC gave me notice on Friday and I was able to sit down with Don on Friday evening and start the negotiation process. I even received a call from a totally different job situation once the owner found out I would be looking for a new place of employ. It did make me feel good that someone out there was interested in my talents based on my professionalism in dealing with the public. I fell good about my new job in that my dear friend Robin works at Re/Max and my dear friend Tara will also be leaving Premier and working at Re/Max. I am excited about the new job opportunity but sad in the fact I have to leave Premier. I really felt I would be working at Premier until I retired in my 60's. It also saddens me that someone was removed from employ in order for me to take this position. Stay tuned for what lies ahead for me! Who knows ... maybe when JC is able to get his personal life on track and he is ready to get back into Real Estate he will open the doors of Premier and I will be ready and willing to go back into his employ!!

P.S. I was even lucky enough to negotiate my Friday's off for R-Ranch time!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Congrats Beth!

How exciting for you! Glad God provided a new job so quickly.

susie said...

Yeah Beth!!! I am so glad for you and I hope this is a place you will enjoy as much as you did premier. I am glad that you will be able to work with friends! Call me when you are ready for your cm order!!!